I like to remember my life by making a list of things that make me smile. Here’s a snap shot of my January 2013:
- going into the new year while wearing silly hats
- crocheting with soft colours
- the way snow makes things pretty
- going through my files and finding photos of a few months ago
- going out with my friends
- getting photobombed
- doing the metal macarena
- getting SocieTEA organised so we can do loads of fun things this semester! And of course the stall we had at the Refreshers Fair, which was loads of fun!
- watching new episodes of Being Human (North America)
- having a fluffy hood to keep me warm while I was sick
I know being sick isn’t something that makes you smile, but getting better definitely is a good thing! Earlier in the month I had a viral infection and had to take antibiotics. Currently, I’m not entirely better yet cause I also caught a cold, but I’m getting better and hopefully will be all okay soon.
- my little haul from Primark
- eating delicious food in good company
- my new phone case ♡
- finally wearing these tights I bought almost a year ago!! (Here’s the Etsy shop link)
- making my hair blueeeeee
Other things that made me happy this month were:
- surviving the exam period
- getting pierced — it might sound a bit silly but I genuinely like when we make a day out of it. I don’t really like the pain of course, although it’s over super quick. I also didn’t like that I got sick the same day.
- taking showers to warm up, and to have an excuse to use amazing shower gel
- making hot chocolate with Lobster after having trekked through Hyde Park in the snow
- snuggling up in bed to watch Disney/Pixar movies, or episodes of other shows such as Wie is de Mol or Once Upon A Time — Also finding little references to LOST in that show. It really makes me happy haha.
- finding out my personality type and learning how to balance myself out
- watching the snow melt and seeing the sun — reminds me that spring is coming!
- and overall, feeling really positive. I can not stress how amazing it feels, to have little moments of realisation that I am content where I am in my life. Sure, I have a way to go still, but for once I am not continuously looking back. I used to not being able to see a future because of the fog. For once I feel like I had an overwhelming amount of light in my ‘dark months’ – I hope it continues this way!