I like lists! And this year I want to participate with F Yeah Lolita’s weekly challenge. [See the original post.] I’ve randomized the list for myself, and each week I’ll try and post about one of the topics!
- Lolitafying things in my everyday life
- Lolitas I would love to meet
- What’s in my closet, but I haven’t worn yet! ❤
- How I get out of a wardrobe slump ❤
- Trends I thought I would never get into, but I now love
- Purses that I love
- Favorite hair style
- Why I wear Lolita?
- 3 things I wish I was told when I was a new Lolita
- What’s in my makeup bag
- 10 facts about my Lolita wardrobe
- My first meetup
- How strangers react to my clothes, and how I react to their reactions
- The ways in which I fit the cliche
- The ways in which I do not fit the cliche
- Combining other fashions with Lolita
- 5 inspirational fictional characters
- 3 trends I wish would come back
- Wardrobe blunders! Things I bought that I ended up regretting!
- My wardrobe turnover
- Predict the next Lolita trend!
- Bloomers or no bloomers?
- Something that was a gift
- My favorite Lolita print
- The item in my wardrobe that was the hardest to get
- Something that’s not my style, but I love anyways
- What I thought when I got my first real piece of Lolita
- Most versatile Lolita item I own
- How satisfied I am with my current wardrobe
- Lolitas I have met in real life
- 5 movies for Lolitas
- 5 keywords that describe my personal Lolita style
- Impulse buys that were totally worth it
- Something that I made
- What influences my Lolita style
- Fondest meetup memory
- Trends I thought I loved, but now I’m not too keen on
- How long it took me to build a complete wardrobe
- Favorite thing to put on my head
- What my own Lolita lifestyle is like
- Why don’t I wear Lolita more often?
- Best places to wear Lolita
- My “signature” outfit
- How Lolita has changed me
- My favorite Lolita brand
- Plan for a trip! A week’s worth of Lolita outfits I can fit in a small suitcase
- Parasols: Vital or frivolous?
- How I accessorize
- Nails to match my favorite looks
- How I first found out about Lolita
- 5 pieces that every Lolita wardrobe should have, regardless of style
- My best deal
So. Let’s give this a go! I’m doing two at once since it’s January 14th now and I hadn’t really had the time to start yet because of exams. So you get two for the price of one, yay.
Lolitafying things in my everyday life
When I started being a ‘Lifestyle lolita’ a few years back, I really wanted to ‘lolify’ a lot of things in my everyday life. I wanted a ‘Lolita-approved’ house, a Lolita-approved computer, camera, phone, umbrella, suitcase/bag, etc. There are a lot of things that are pretty boring and I felt that didn’t fit with my clothes. There were also things that just really wouldn’t benefit with being lolitafied. I was studying Photography, and okay, it’s fun to have a cute pen and cute notebook, but you don’t need a tripod that is adorned with lace… so I was always still cautious of how far to take things.
Now I’m not saying I don’t still have the desire to find things that ‘fit with my aesthetic’, but I’ve grown out of this need to make everything Lolita-approved. Of course I still really like having cute things… but they don’t have to be lolita, necessarily.
I think it’s a cool concept though, as long as you’re reasonable and make it work for the object, too. For example, if I were to go and lolify a yoga mat, that would just be ridiculous. I also don’t think I really need only brand name things (because brands come out with really cool non-lolita things, sometimes!) and now I just do what I really like, without being too concerned if it’s Lolita or not.
Over the years, I’ve bought an umbrella that really works well with Gothic Lolita, even though it’s not a brand item, I put a lot of stickers and straps on my cameras, and on my old computer, I used to have a lot of Hello Kitty stickers on the keyboard. I still would really love to have a nice kitchen and nice bedroom and closet, but I wonder how much that has to do with my tastes and how much is really cause of Lolita.
Lolitas I would love to meet
I’m really lucky in that I have already met quite a lot of lolitas all over the world!
But the person who I’ve never met and really would love to finally meet is Oh Tralala. We’ve known each other on the internet for quite a while, but never actually met!! Hopefully when we both go to Paris this summer, it can finally happen (｡･ω･｡)ﾉ♡
Of course there are many more lovely lolitas out there and in general I really enjoy meeting new people!
Well, that’s it for this week, I think the next one is going to be a little more interesting, haha.
x’s and o’s!