It’s 2015 now. I wrote something on December 31st, 2013 – something long, something sad. It was tough to write… The support I got was overwhelming, and everybody who has been with me over the last year, I thank you so, so much. Things have changed tremendously from that moment until now, and it’s mostly for the better, and I’m so thankful and grateful for it! It was a crazy year and I’ve learned and grown so much, and I hope to continue to keep working on myself and make things better.
- January • I started the new year with my best friend, did the research for my dissertation, saw friends, went back to Leeds, survived exams, saw the Sleeping Beauty ballet! & took many baths
- February • I had laryngitis and completely lost my voice, was a witness in a police investigation, saw Less Than Jake & Reel Big Fish, worked on my dissertation, saw Frozen for the 3rd in the cinema and sang along to it, celebrated Davey Day, had really fun times in Leeds and had to go back to NL to redo the research because I did it wrong the first time
like a loser
- March • I wore a lot of Lolita, had some fun nights out in between all the work, drank lots of tea with SocieTEA and ate lots of cake with friends, expanded my My Little Pony and Seapony collection~*
- April • I went to London for Enchanted!, got tattooed, was filmed, also was part of the Puppet Circus army (which was awesome), dressed up as Flame Princess for Geek Meet, went to Howarth, saw Alkaline Trio and Bayside and had one of the best nights in Cockpit ever, spent about 30+ consecutive hours in a computer cluster trying to figure out how statistics works, missed the Kyary Pamyu Pamyu concert but FINISHED MY DISSERTATION AND HANDED IT IN ON TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- May • after handing that shit in it was straight on to Belgium for Justin Timberlake and Groezrock (both awesome), back in Leeds SocieTEA had a handover so I was no longer the
PresidentQueen, I had to motivate myself to finish all the last uni work (did that through taking baths and eating pizza, sometimes at the same time), voted, got ill during exams of course, went to the Leeds tattoo convention and got tattooed surpriseand had one of the most amazing late night cinema experiences with the lolitas of Leeds ♥
- June • I had my last exam and FINISHED UNI!!!, celebrated international Lolita day, went to the beach in Bridlington, had a goodbye dinner, had one last photoshoot, packed up all my things and moved out of the UK [boooooo]
- July • after a crazy moving adventure and sleeping on a boat, I went to Paris for the best summer events, saw many friends, was part of a fashion walk, bought a fancy dress, won 2nd best outfit at the Angelic Pretty tea party, dressed as a mermaid at Japan Expo, went to the museum, watched the football world cup, went to a meeting with some of my oldest internet friends from NL, had a surprise “Hey, by the way, you graduated!” moment so we booked plane tickets to Manchester and went to Leeds and OH MY GLOB I GRADUATED!!!!, spent a day in the Peak District with my family, flew back for one day in NL then took a train for a beautiful British countryside wedding and good times with friends in London
- August • I had nothing planned for August so it was pretty weird how that turned out: visited a friend in a new house, had many job applications, interviews and rejections, went to Amsterdam Gay Pride and saw my Queenchita , cat-sat the cutest two kittens, took many baths, filled in a lot of sudoku puzzles, visited Leiden on a date, went to Belgium for an awesome bachelorette party, skated in the Wednesday Night Skate three times, ate yummy vegan burgers, went to the open air cinema, bought a new bike, helped my dad build a clothing rail, closed a door on something unproductive and right at the end of the month ran into someone pretty freaking amazing (✿ ♥‿♥) – from now on known he will be known on this blog as Normal Guy
- September • I went to Ikea on a date, back to Belgium for my wifey, and my friend becoming someone else’s wifey, survived the open training with Rotterdam Roller Derby, dyed my hair green, went to London for Revelry, spent all my money on good times with the best friends, had the best vegan pizza ever so far, randomly and magically sold one of my self-made unicorn horns, filmed for a Lolita documentary, went to Wagama twice in a month, went to a roller derby bout and then kept on going to training because roller derby is aaaawesoooome (｡◕‿◕｡)
- October • I invested a lot of time and effort in training, explored the Markthal, saw the Menzingers, went to an open day for a possible MA degree, made the most horrible looking mochi when Margot left Belgium for Canada, baked vegan pancakes, went to another roller derby bout and volunteered, carved a pumpkin for Halloween, wore traditional Vietnamese clothes for my friend’s charity dinner and went to a family weekend again after not having been in the last three years at least
- November • I went to the sea at the family weekend, went to another open day, suffered horrible tooth ache and consequently ended up at the dentist for million of things
(moral of the story: go regularly!), went to Paris, started tutoring people regularly, got a somewhat working phone (after walking around with 4 phones for a week), started playing Dungeons & dragons again, & had a magical and sparkly birthday (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧
- December • I got Normal Guy to come to roller derby too, watched the roller derby world cup, finally got a job, went to China Lights in Utrecht, dressed up for nice dress day, wore a christmas sweater on a pub crawl in Rotterdam, went to a roller derby scrimmage in Den Haag, got another job, was happy when a cat came to sleepover, applied for a new passport, went crazy in the Lush sale, had a magical Christmas and went with Normal Guy to adopt the cutest kitten in the whole world from the shelter, called Sally/Salome
All in all, 2014 was filled with many baths ^_~ a few very significant things happened, mostly good things. I’m very proud I graduated, sad I had to leave the UK but I’m sure I’m not done with academia yet, so who knows where that will lead. I started getting rid of things and embracing positivity again, which has been really good. I’m still a hoarder and always choosing expensive things to do, but… I think starting to figure out life in the Netherlands with a cute face and a new hobby seems not to go too bad!
In 2015, I plan to get skates that are my size, so I can get better and better. All those bouts and scrimmages I went to in 2014 was to watch, which was great by the way, and I definitely recommend it! But skating is really fun to do, and it’s so motivating to see how you can progress in such a short time! Also, the derby family are all amazing people and I’m so so so happy I went to that open training in September.
Also, I have been growing out my hair for the last three years but it’s finally paying off, so here’s to hoping that this year it will reach the length that I want it to be!!!
Other than that, I don’t really have goals, but I do have a couple of fun things lined up. I’m going to Paris a couple of times, not in the least for Street Fashion Europe’s next event, I’m going to Leeds because my friends are the best and bought me a plane ticket, and I’m visiting Vienna for the Eurovision Song Contest!! EEEEEEEE SO EXCITED!!!!! ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)
I hope cool things will happen and that I will have the time and energy to share them on here… If not, see you in another year for the 2015 reflection post ^_~ Also, I wish everyone the best for 2015, may it bring you happiness and PMA, we survived another year! WE DID IT! SPARKLE MERMAID UNICORNS WIN! (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧ kisses and hugs and all the love to you!!!